I think, therefore, I am.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

the Thinker

Friday, March 04, 2005
Interpretation of dreams
Inspired by one of my friend's posts in her blog I am writing on dreams. She has narrated on her blog, http://varshahere.blogspot.com, about a dream of hers, and questioned regarding the relevance of the dream.

Back in College we studied a bit of psychology where we were taught some part of Feudian analysis of dreams.

So I am jotting down a few things which I remember of having read about Freud's ideas about dreams:

If you are sleeping at in a position that stress falls on your neck, you might dream that you are being strangled.

If you dream about a king and a queen then it might mean that you are thinking about your parents, or maybe missing them.

If you are angry with someone on whom you did not shout at the point your anger was at its peak and the person (who angered you) was in front of you, you might dream that you are discharging your anger on someone.

Freud also spoke about his own analysis about dreams. He once went to get diagnosed by a doctor he did not have faith in. At night he dreamt about the doctor with a long beard, whereas in real life the doctor did not have any beard.

So the next time you dream any similar dream, those might be the possible reasons which lead you to dream what you dreamt. Thats as per Mr.Freud.

But I usually get a dream that I spend my time in temples. Those temples are merely not seen but when I think deep, few temples I can recognize. Any meaning for such dreams.  

_____________________

I have studied in Psychology that physical stimulations have a lot of impact on the subconscious.So when you visit a place like a temple or say a church, it tends to get stored in some corner of your mind and later reflects itself as a dream. However, in case you have not visited the place earlier and still feel that you recognize the place, then it is quite possible that you nurture a desire to visit the place sometime in future or that you shall visit that place in future. According to Freud, sometimes dreams provides us glimpses into future. After a long period when that event occurs before us we realize slowly that we have witnessed it somewhere before. This has happened to me, so I believe that dreams do show us the future at times. What about you?  

_____________________

Hi Amrita,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I always dream of being chased by ppl and attacked. Another dream which always haunts me is falling from tall buildings.  

_____________________

Thanx Freeyavedu for visiting my blog, I am not exactly an expert in dream interpretation. But are you scared of heights? I believe that it could be the most valid interpretation of your dreams. You see all of us have certain likes or dislikes, as well as, fears. Most of them remain ingrained in our subconscious. These fears manifest themselves through the dreams we see. Another thing that causes dreams is memories,as per Freud. God forbids but did you ever face any accident involving tall buildings. If you have, then it could have left an imprint on your mind and is manifesting itself as a dream. Dreams can also be something symbolic, falling from heights could represent some kind of insecurity, or fear. Meanwhile, these are Freudian interpretations, and people have questined their validity.Your dream on being attacked by people could also be linked to some unknown fear or some past incident.Or maybe its an indication that could happen in your future. But do not be worried because Freud's analysis is definitely not the last judgement on dreams.Dreams are something very natural. So don't worry too much about them.  

_____________________

Amrita,

I am afraid of death in my dreams -Whenever I dream of death...someone whom I know/have known...dies.

by the way - I am a a virgo too.

Thankyou  

_____________________

Hi Narayan,Thanx for visiting my blog. That's something unique that I am hearing. That means you have the power to see the future. God bless. I am a Scorpio.  

_____________________

I agree to this to an extent amrita.  

_____________________

Thanx REFLEX if you have any other explanations of your own please feel free to express  

_____________________

Post a Comment