I think, therefore, I am.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

the Thinker

Friday, February 23, 2007
The day I bit the poisoned apple
Let me not ruin this moment by writing things like, “hey, I am back folks!” If I do so, many of you might look questioningly at my blog and think, “Who is this lunatic and where the hell is she celebrating her return from? Who was waiting for her anyways?”

Then a sudden realisation dawns upon the lunatic and she realises, she has awoken from her slumber. But how long has she been asleep? A phrase gets typed into the search engine God had once gifted her inside her head. It says-“since when have I been sleeping?” The search begins and continues for around 15 minutes. “What a slow server!” thinks the lunatic, “Earlier, answers would come up so fast,” she keeps mumbling to herself. Finally, the search ends and the answer lands upon her like a bolt of thunder. It says- “…since you bit the poisoned apple.”

She stares at her computer screen. No, no, it was not a google search. “Have I been asleep since then? But what broke the spell? Love’s first kiss works only for Disney princesses like SnowWhite. But with me it would rather be the smell of the first rain shower, the overwhelming fragrance of the incense sticks or maybe that of freshly polished wood.”

“You idiot, these things put to sleep and don’t wake you up.”

“Who said that?” the lunatic looked around and saw no one. Then her eyes traveled towards the mirror in her room and she saw another one, who looked just like her as if some twin. But she had none.

“Who are you?” she asked this look alike.

“It’s me, the Thinker,” replied the look alike.

“Oh! You still exist? But I am no more a writer or blogger. I have changed the channel from which ideas were transferred to my mind. It now only sees drawings, sketches, paintings, human anatomy, bipeds, quadrupeds, storyboards, characters, key frames, in-betweens, clean-ups, line tests, Photoshop, Maya, Aftereffects and loads of other software jargon. And all of these appear in the form of techni-coloured visuals when I close my eyes, something like what Dumbo and the tiny mouse saw when they got drunk after drinking from a barrel (For reference, watch Disney’s Dumbo).”

“Hmm,” the Thinker looked at her, worried. “I can see that the poison has done a lot of damage already. But don’t you remember me at all?” I am as much as you as you think you are now,” said the Thinker.

“What?! What are you talking about? What does that mean anyways?” asked the lunatic, utterly confused.

“Never mind, just put this post in your blog,” she commanded.

“I have a blog?” asked the lunatic.

“ENOUGH!!” yelled the Thinker, enraged with her counterparts’ ignorant conduct.

So here now, the lunatic posted it on a certain blog called the Thinker and for the last time asked, “You think they still remember you?”

“Not only them, I have to remember myself too. We shall see,” replied the Thinker, calm and contented.

Wow... a pleasant surprise. Good to have you back. Hope you will resume your story now... :)

so, what kept you away for so long? If I have to decipher the post, I guess I should get hold of a beer first and then read it again :)

Thanks for the compliment... There's one more in the pipeline - RUBY & ME
http://nazim-url.blogspot.com which will get updated soon...  

_____________________

But whatever happenned to brunno?  

_____________________

hello :) Welcome back and also welcome to my blog. U woke up almost after six months...i think this relates to kumbhkarana ;) just kidding,,,,

so now looking forward to new posts form ur side..no stories plssss

and hope to see u often on my blogs as well

Take Care
Vikas{V}  

_____________________

ya the template was changed during this month. A friend of mine voluentered to do that. otherwise you would have seen the same old sober design. by the way i find you back after a long gap. And i didnt understand what is your case ? didnt catch your line  

_____________________

Amrita ..

You know I was thinking to give a ""MISSING" ad in the "Ananda Bazaar" to know what's happen to Madam Amrita!! Feelling good to know that you are not lost in the bank of Ganges. welcome back!!

Remembering ?!?!Ummm yeah, I have very poor memory but it's only to rememebr chemistry formulas not to rememeber "misty" poeple.


Bhalo laglo tumi ale
Na hole baro aparipurna chiilo ei blogger
Jani na ki jeno hayechhilo er
Chhaya chhilo kaam, roudrya beshi
Tumi ale tai-to purna halo blogger abaar



Cheers ..
Roy  

_____________________

I pretty much feel you are always around here... Which does not in any way affect the fact that it's always a lot better to see that it is for real.
WELCOME BACK, señorita!  

_____________________

hi 1.618,

good to see u ppl back on my blog after a very long time too..thanks for dropping by...yes, i will resume my story but pl have patience...i know i shouldnt b saying that i have already kept ppl waiting for so long...but such is my case...and no, u dont need a glass of beer for deciphering the meaning of the post or what kept me so busy(it is still keeping me very busy though), all u need to do is to type one those technical words in google and search, the answers u get is sure to direct u to what i am into...lets see u can get it or not...:)


manoj,

as always, straight to the point. brunno will be back, dont worry.

hi vikas,

has it been six months? i dont remember...i think i have been away for longer than that...anyways, hmm...well, u said no more stories...but i need to complete brunno...only after that i can think of writing something else...yes, even i dont have the energy to think of new stories as of now...lets see what comes up and what kind of time i get to dedicate to my blog...but anyways, nice to have u on my blog.

known stranger,

good to know u changed the template...well, if u did not catch my line, i will suggest just the thing that i suggested to 1.618. a google search... or dont bother. good to see u anyways.

roy,

good to know u remember a fellow blogger. that anadabazar part sounded a bit of an exaggeration (hehe) but its very sweet of u to say so anyways:) but i really thank u for that nice little poem u wrote...thank u so much...that really inspires me to keep blogging! u have a great time with ur music.

mrgonsings,

thanks for coming back and thanks for that welcome note.  

_____________________

good u r back.. hope to see nice posts again here..  

_____________________

Welcome back,thinker.If you cant place me,keep thinking.

Was the poisoned apple the cause of your hibernation?  

_____________________

Post a Comment