I think, therefore, I am.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

the Thinker

Wednesday, November 30, 2005
BORING!!
Hi guys,

I was just sitting in office clearing stories. I just realised that people make the same mistakes all the time and I have to clear them over and over again. To me, now this has become the most boring work on this earth.

I have often heard people complaining about certain things that bore them. But paradoxically, they tend to do those things again and again. Examples:

Waiting for someone at the restuarant. Even when the end limit of one's patience has been tested, he thinks-"let me wait for some more time, maybe he/she will come."

Cooking the same dish every day because your husband/wife/kid will not eat anything else.

Watching the same movie over and over again, convincing yourself that it was your all-time favorite at some point.

Dealing in the same stocks again and again, even though they do not yield any returns.

Visiting your blog every ten minutes a day, thinking that some new comment has been posted. But in the process, one tends to get bored seeing the same old post.

Telling the same story to your kid every night, because he/she refuses to hear any other story.

Hearing your boss passing the same critical comments about your work, which have become obsolete now.

Hearing your friend telling you same thing about his/her girlfriend.


One might also feel like including eating, drinking and sleeping in this list. But I guess that they are necessities of our lives. So we cannot get bored of them. Phew, I guess there are many more things to look out for. Why don't you guys make some personal contributions. So what's "BORING" according to you?

"Waiting for someone at the restuarant. Even when the end limit of one's patience has been tested, he thinks-"let me wait for some more time, maybe he/she will come."


I guess, if a he is waiting for a she and vice versa, it will not be boring...

According to me, I feel bored when I have to blog trot all the regular links I visit just to find the same posts :( (This made me the first one to comment on yours)

Right now, I am bored of the SAP initial access screen.  

_____________________

hi 1.618. happy to know that my post made u comment.  

_____________________

These days I am getting bored to work :).  

_____________________

same here reflex  

_____________________

Hola Amrita! :)
Guess the only thing I really get bored of is the way I look sometimes...
That's why I hardly stay with the same look for longer than a few months...  

_____________________

hi gonsings, i have heard many people saying that, looks can be changed, can't they. byways when did u get married. i don even know. congrats!!  

_____________________

married??? why???
I mean, I've been living with my girl for over a decade now, but we've never really worried much about officializing our relation...
I like congrats, anyway!
he, he, he... ;)  

_____________________

opps, sorry about that. i thought u had gone for a honeymoon! u mentioned mrs.gonsings somewhere in the post, as far as i remember.  

_____________________

he, he... don't worry!
It was just a normal vacation!
Mrs. Gonsings is the way I usually refer to my girl in my blog, but we are not married (yet)...
Well, like I said above,
I like congrats anyway!, he, he..
Thankiu! ;)  

_____________________

"...Visiting your blog every ten minutes a day, thinking that some new comment has been posted. But in the process, one tends to get bored seeing the same old post..."

- Tell me, are you telepathic or something? :}  

_____________________

That was an apt one Amrita, esp. the blog one :P I keep checking my blog, to find whether SOMEONE who was brave enough to read it has commented on it. Other boring ones which I can think of are .. err .. food ! You know that dish is oily, spicy, will get you all worked up the next day morning, but it's so irresistibly inviting, you gotta have a taste, and then end up devouring the whole lot ! And then vow never to touch that dish again !! and then the same story continues. Good one Amrita !  

_____________________

hi manoj, that was a good one. well i guess that was more directed towards me. no, i am not telepathic, though people tend to think so at times.

Hi vijay,

food, aah!! something i favour. your comment made me hungry. hmm, i beg to differ, but i am never bored of food. guess i like committing one of the seven sins very often-gluttony!!!  

_____________________

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

_____________________

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

_____________________

I AM BORED OF SEEING THE SAME "BORING!!" POST. I keep visiting your blog to find a good read as you always provide (though not too often!)...

So, Please update!  

_____________________

Came through Reflex blog. Luckily it is not boring. The layout is impressive. Nice work. Keep boring others.  

_____________________

I'm making a nice list of links for my blog. Can i add you to my blog roll?  

_____________________

My life is full packed mysteries,i never felt bored i think so-deepu  

_____________________

hi balaji,

hopefully i am not boring others too much. but i guess some people will disagree.

hi manoj,

i do not think it is advisable for me to comment whether anyone should add me to their blog list or not.

I am very happy to know that Deepu.  

_____________________

Hi Amrita!

Just stopping by to wish you a Merry Xmas and a great New Year!
:)  

_____________________

merry christmas and a happy new year to all of u. thanks gonsings  

_____________________

best  

_____________________

best  

_____________________

Post a Comment