I think, therefore, I am.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

the Thinker

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
The smile
It was the her first day in college. She was slightly nervous, but more excited to experience a new world altogether.

As she stepped into the narrow corridors of the college building, her heart skipped a beat. It was a huge campus..the building has been there for more than 100 years now. Everything about it (the building) had a kind of antic feeling about it. The huge windows with those old shutters, the blackboards smeared with impressions of chalk writings over the years, the desks and chairs devoid of the sweet smell of fresh polish, which they had when they first entered this building....

"The crowd however, is a stark contrast to the senile college building; bright, vibrant, bustling with energy, and possessing every quality youth brings along with it," she thought.

But somehow she felt more attached to the place, than people in it. Perhaps, it could be attributed to the fact that she herself was more conservative and simple, unable to pick up her friends who followed all the latest fashion trends in the market.

As she walked amidst the wild crowd, a numbness came over her. She felt her palms were sweating, she clutched her copies tightly. She could hear a few giggles behind her back, which raised her nervousness several notches up. She pushed her glasses up her nose and kept walking.

"Whom should I asked?" she thought, utterly confused and slightly scared. In her confusion she failed to notice the stairs in front of her."WHAM!" she fell with a thud. It was followed by a huge roar of laughter behind her back.

She tried to stand up, ashamed, with tears in her eyes. She started looking for her copies, which had scattered all around.

"Here, take them," a hand extended the copies to her. She looked up to see a guy smiling gently at her. He pulled her up with his other hand. She felt something strange within her,as if something had suddenly changed.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yes,Thanks." she said quietly.

"Mention not," he replied.

"Could you tell me...," she trailed off as she caught a glimpse of his gentle reassuring smile, "Where is class room 15?"

"Oh! you simply have to go straight along this corridor, it is towards the end of this corridor," he said.

"Vikas! I was searching for you all over the place, what are you doing here?" cried someone from behind her.

She looked behind her and saw a tall, slim girl in jeans and a tight sleevless t-shirt walking towards them. She had dyed her in some strange shade of red.

Come, we will go," he said and started walking along with the girl.

She started walking in the opposite direction towards the end of the corridor where he had pointed out class room 15 to her. For a moment she paused and looked behind, for just one more glimpse of that reassuring face with that gentle smile on it.

Had I been here before??..I do get a feeling that, I had been here before..but not very sure...The template might have been changed!!  

_____________________

is this ur real-life experience :)  

_____________________

There is a wonderul song which goes like this 'I believe there are Angels among us' Its a country song, by Alabama.

By the way, I've experienced similar incidents as well.

But looks to me that this is like the start of a Romantic movie / Mills & Boon Classic.

What's going on? Its spring time here in the US..!!  

_____________________

This sounds intriguing...  

_____________________

nice one. Something which is generally felt when u go to a new place all alone. Was this ur experience???????  

_____________________

Yes krish, u have been on my blog before rallying defensively on your philosophy of secularism! i guess its quite obvious I changed my template.

Hahaha! Saranayan, Do I sound like her?

Hi Narayanan, I have to hear that song first..the one u mentioned. Just thought I would try my hand at soemthing different..something I have never attempted before, something fictional...something I personally find unacceptable..love at first sight...wonder whether i analysed it right!!But would love to hear about ur experiences!!

Thanks Gonsings! could u imagine what could have happened next?

Haha! I am new in Mumbai alright? Does that make u feel this happened to me?  

_____________________

Nice narration here... perfect mix of suspense n excitement...
but i have the same doubt as Saranyan.. Is this a real life story....
Cant say that you DONT sound like her.... :)  

_____________________

No matter its ur real life story or some fiction. But this will give us how to step into a Woman's heart ;). Lets follow this guys.  

_____________________

Hi Optimist, thanks for dropping by...thanks for your comments, i made it an open ended story for u guys to imagine what could have happened next.Aha! people seem to be viewing me with a lot of suspicion it seems! I don't remember u commenting on my blog before this...isn't it too soon to decide that I sound like her? Anyways, u are left to your imagination....

Hi reflex..haha! seems u are desperate to win someone's heart make sure u find the right girl. all the best!  

_____________________

Well if its a real life story or not,narration is really good.It seems kind of filmy or as Narayanan says like romantic movie/M&B. Well I personally dont believe in Love at First Sight. It can be just attraction or infatuation. I think u cant love a person unitl u atleast know little bit about the person(personal exp).  

_____________________

Amritaaaaa!! How could you hide such an incident from me? I have to see your blog and realise these things..Well, I think you should tell me more of these incidents offline..(like, when we take breaks..) ;))

Anyways, nice attempt there, with your first piece of such writing..hope to see more of such stuff on ur blog!! :)  

_____________________

Hi art, well, personally knowing a person a bit helps a lot in future relations..

Hi anu, God! now u are really digging into my secrets! haha! joking, You think such things happened to me?Anyways, thanks for your encouragement..lets see if we could have a sequel..  

_____________________

Sequel-that would be just gr8. I am waiting to know what happened next...  

_____________________

rallying defensively on your philosophy of secularism...Nice choice of words...I dont know which word is the emphasis laid on... on "rallying" or "defensively" or "yours"..I dont know...Now I remember...thanx a lot for reminding me...back then the template was black..now it is pleasing..nice template..  

_____________________

haha! art...gotta wait a little.

Krish! glad to see u again..no hard feelings..no emphasis on any particular word, just remembered how you put forth your debate! the only one with such strong opinions about the topic. thanks for ur comments on the template..thought ideas should change a bit.  

_____________________

Hey Anupama & Amrita, u both working together.
Amrita,
I already won some one's heart ;). Now attempting another :). Just kidding...  

_____________________

Hi reflex, aha! so u want to be proficient at stealing hearts? Go ahead, all the best.  

_____________________

Ha!!! thanx for that..no hard feelings here too..was jus curious!..  

_____________________

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

_____________________

I certainly felt as if the incident was taken from my own life..... Nice Blog you have...

Cheers
TCD  

_____________________

Hi krish, thanks for dropping in again..i hope your doubts have been resolved.

Hi TCD, that was interesting to know. All the best to u too.  

_____________________

Post a Comment