I think, therefore, I am.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

the Thinker

Friday, March 11, 2005
Reading between lines
How many times have you looked at your handwriting and thought that, "Oh my God! my 'd ' and 'b' look the same," or that "my 'h' looks like 'n'," or maybe that "my 's' looks like '5' or vice versa?" Meanwhile, I am speaking strictly about people who think this way or suffer wishing that their handwriting could be rectified in some way.

Did you ever think this way, "Why isn't there much difference between my 'h' and 'n' ?" Or perhaps why are all my letters are more or less of the same length. How many of us sit and think that why do we write our words curved towards the right left or steady and straight? Atleast I don't.

Wondering whether I am talking "Greek?" Don't worry, I am far too lazy to learn that, for me translations would do. But I am sure most of you guys must have heard of the term 'handwriting analysis' some time while you were in high school, college or university.

One of our faculty members actually analysed one our classmates handwriting yesterday, which made me ponder whether it is possible to know how a person is by glancing carefully the way his words are carved. Well I am not a handwritng analyst myself, but whatevver our faculty member said, from that I gathered some idea about what kind would a person be if he/she would have a particular kind of handwriting.

Here are a few things I learnt:

1. If you write words in a way that not much difference is there in the length of the letters, it represents that you are more or less even tempered. For eg, if you write your words in a way that your 'a' and 'b' are nearly equally tall, then you are pretty even tempered.

2. Whereas if the opposite is true for your handwriting, that your 'b' towers above the other small letters, you might be very moody.

3.If you have a very straight writing, you might be very disciplined in whatever you do.

4.Curved writings could be a symbol of one's creativity.

5.If all your ' i ' is always dotted without failure and your 't' is always clearly striked at the top (once again without failure, which if had not been the case then your 't' might have looked like an 'l'), then it represents your cautious nature. That means you tend to keep your things carefully without losing too much. Could also be a subtle hint towards the fact that you are pretty possessive about certain things in life.

6. The opposite to this might mean that you have a carefree attitude(you must have guessed that), more relaxed, someone choosing to go along the flow.

7. Those who have an incomprehensible handwriting, are believed to have a very complex character, maybe very mysterious, and do not like revealing about themselves too much.

Meanwhile, all these observations are not my own. Also I do not guarantee that they might be true for you if some of the characteristics mentioned above go with your handwriting. if you are wondering which category do I fall into after providing so many explanations, I am sorry that cannot be revealed for the moment not because I am using a computer font, or because I have an incomprehensible writing, but because I have not got my handwritng analysed till now.

Interesting post Amrita.

I tend to believe in 'Handwriting Analysis'.

I have a great friend of mine falls under category 7. He is a successful Lawyer.!!  

_____________________

Interesting post Amrita.

I tend to believe in 'Handwriting Analysis'.

I have a great friend of mine falls under category 7. He is a successful Lawyer.!!  

_____________________

oh, this graphology thing. yeah, this is even used in criminal investigations in some european countries. and i learnt a bit of it sometime back, when my roomie got some books about it...pretty interesting, actually :)  

_____________________

Hi Narayan,
I myself do not a lot about Handwriting analysis. But the faculty member in our college who knows how to distinguish a person thoriugh his/her handwriting, mostly turns out to be accurate in her analysis. I guess that built my faith into handwriting analysis.Byways it is interesting to know about your friend.  

_____________________

Hi Sriram, even I have heard that this method is a device through which one investigates and gets hold of criminals. Thats very unusual, I wonder what would happen if two people happen to have a similar klind of handwriting?  

_____________________

Hi Amrita

You are confusing between Graphology and Forensic document examiners. The former which is the commonly encountered one, deals with assessing the character of a people based on their handwriting. The latter on the other hand, is being used by Police for authenticity and forgery.

Authenticity is done mainly by looking at the finer nuances like pressure points. Every person puts more pressure at some spots and less at the rest. Eventhough has high reliablity, it still isnt good enough to be accepted by law as proof. It is used as pointers and circumstantial evidence in the court of law.

Graphologist infer details about the person based mainly on the following:

Inclination of the letters
Direction of lines
Pressure
Spacing betnween letters, words and lines
Connectivity of letters
Readability and symmetry
Speed of writing

It is interesting to note that there are institutions offering Diploma courses in Graphology

- Dheepak Ra  

_____________________

Hi Baejaar,
Thanks for clearing the confusion between graphology and handwriting analysis.  

_____________________

I just love how you write. Reading your blog for me is like sitting down and having a conversation with you. You always make me smile and you have a way with words.

Just thought I'd tell you in case you didn't know. :-)  

_____________________

Post a Comment